Easy to make and simple to devour!
- 2 pounds Ground Meat (beef, Bison, Turkey)
- Salt And Pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 1/2 cup StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup Jarred Jalapeno Slices (more To Taste)
- 12 King’s Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- Form the meat into 12 (or so) miniature patties and salt and pepper them on both sides. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties until just about done in the middle, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of grease, then return the skillet to the stove.
- Throw the diced onions in the skillet and stir to cook, about 3 minutes. Pour in whiskey (be careful if you’re cooking over an open flame; turn it off momentarily to be extra careful) and stir. Allow the whiskey to reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes, scrape up the fond on the bottom of the pan, then stir in jalapenos and the barbecue sauce.
- Reduce the heat to low and place the patties in the barbecue sauce, turning to coat. Allow the patties to simmer in the sauce until everything’s hot and bubbly.
- Place the patties on individual buns and be sure to spoon extra sauce (with the jalapenos!) over the top of each one before topping with the other half of the bun. Add bacon or cheese for extra deliciousness.
Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 4 PM – 10 PM
Find us at this GREAT EVENT that only features and celebrates Ohio Distilleries.
Refined is a unique distilled alcohol festival designed to showcase distilled alcohol made in Ohio. This event will feature only alcohol made in Ohio, have 5 interactive bars, food trucks, and almost 400 cocktails.
Refined will help support Tails From the City, a no kill shelter based in Cleveland, Ohio.
Refined will feature a mocktail bar for our non-drinking friends and provide an equally amazing experience for them.
Bring a group and save money on your ticket purchase. Multiple tickets are cheaper than buying two individual tickets.
We will also be at the Bash & Brew. If you have the ability to be in two places at once, that would be awesome.
The second annual Winter Bourbon Bash & Brew Will be Held in the Assembly building on Saturday February 17, 2018.
VIP experience will begin at 5:00 PM with tasting from private barrel picks from Joseph Head of the Century Bar and Allen Shepard from Stadium Liquors. Both joe and Allen will be discussing the barrel picks while we are tasting. Also everyone with a VIP ticket will receive a special swag bag with a gift picked by Allen and Joe with the help of Eddie Russell and a few others from Wild Turkey (RR).
Main event starts at 6:00PM with several tasting tables of Bourbon and local Craft beer.
Appetizers provided by Xenia’s own Nicks Restaurant! Most items have a bourbon theme.
There will be items raffled off and hard to find items in a silent auction.
Drawings of rare bottles will be drawn during the event and you must be present to win these items.
Other items will be added and a list of bourbons and beers will be posted later.
Ticket prices are Limited VIP $100 5PM to 9PM
Bourbon & Brew Bash $50 6PM to 9PM
Designated Driver $25 includes food and Pop and water
Tickets are now available at the Fair office or you can go towww.greenecountyfairgrounds.com and click on buy tickets and use PayPal.
All proceeds will go to the Greene County Agricultural Society to assist in Agricultural youth education.
We will be on location at this GREAT EVENT coming soon to Columbus North Market.
Don’t miss the RETURN of this one-of-a-kind spirits event at your North Market. We have partnered with the Ohio Distiller’s Guild to bring you an evening of cocktails, food, activities, music and more! Proceeds from the event benefit the not-for-profit North Market Development Authority and the Ohio Distiller’s Guild. Please note this is a 21 and over event.
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Time: 7:30pm – 10:30pm
General Admission Presale: $50
Admission Information: Attendees can expect 6 oz cocktail tastings (4 tastings are included with admission), a $10 voucher to spend at any North Market merchant, entertainment, a speakeasy from Blind Lady Tavern inside of Hot Chicken Takeover, and more! Please bring your printed ticket to the event.
Because of the limited capacity of this event, please purchase your tickets early.
Please note: Food served by North Market Merchants will be available for purchase and sales will end at 10:00pm. Each ticket holder receives a $10 food voucher to spend at any North Market Merchant business.
A list of participating distilleries will be published soon! Each of the distilleries will have a small straight spirits taste and a signature cocktail for guests to sample. In addition to the distilleries, there will be a speakeasy inside Hot Chicken Takeover and The Barrel and Bottle will be open!
This is an indoor event. No refunds or exchanges. Online sales end on February 17 at NOON or when the event is sold out.