There are some great things happening in Ohio for craft distillers. These new changes make it easier for us to do busines more like the big boys who have dominated the market. It allows micro-distilleries like ourselves, to deliver our passion laden, small batch spirits to discerning spirit drinkers who crave something different and local. This policy change from the Ohio Division of Liquor Control allows small distillers to sell directly to pubs and restaurants. We think these improvements are fantastic by making selling our StillWrights spirits so much simpler. We expect it to make a big impact quickly. Read all about it here–you just might recognize a familiar face.
Peanut Butter & Jelly. Milk & Cookies. BBQ & Bourbon. Somethings were just make for each other.
Nothing says summertime like BBQ and nothing completes a BBQ like the full, fantastic flavor Bourbon can bring to your recipes. Join StillWrights Aug 11-12 at the 2017 Cincy Blues Fest where you can get both plus some out of this world, live, musical entertainment. Get your tickets now!
In the meantime, pick up a bottle of StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey, your favorite BBQ sauce and give a go at these delicious and easy recipes. Invite some friends over and make a night of it. On second thought, maybe you should pick up two bottles of StillWrights.
- 1/4 cup StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Brush on to chicken while grilling for sweet and savory results.
- 1 1/2 cups crispy bacon, cumbled
- 1 box of moist yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 3 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Prepare cake mix according to directions using the eggs, water and oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup.
- Fold in one cup of the bacon crumbles.
- Using a ice cream scoop, fill a muffin pan (prepared with cupcake liners) 2/3 of the way up with batter.
- Bake at 325F for 18-20 minutes until slightly golden brown on top.
- When done, remove from oven, place on wire rack and let cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
- Using a stand mixer (or a bowl and electric mixer) add the cream cheese and butter together and cream until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 2 tablespoons of real maple syrup and 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat on low speed. Once powdered sugar is added beat on medium speed.
- Continue to add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach desired frosting consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcake (or spread with a knife).
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup bacon crumbles on top of each cupcake for garnish.
Find more recipes for drinks and sauce at StillWrights.com. Enjoy!
On February 20th, don’t miss the Mix & Shake presented by the North Market and The Ohio Distiller’s Guild. This first of it’s kind spirits event will be held from 8PM–11PM at The North Market in Columbus, OH.
Come out and enjoy live music, activities and a selection of cocktails from local distillers including the one and only StillWrights Spiced Rum Stormfront cocktail! It’s going to be a great time.
Losing weight or living healthier is frequently the number one resolution(s) people make for the New Year. According to sources, bourbon may actually help you achieve those resolutions. Of course if you ask us, bourbon is the elixir of life and the nectar of the gods. But there seems to be some science to back up our belief in this amazing spirit. Bourbon may contain healthful properties that could help you live healthier. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits bourbon could bring, at the right dosage* of course.
Weight Management: Bourbon has no fat, low in carbs and very little sodium. If you are counting calories, switch up your no flavor light beer for a shot of bourbon instead. You’ll get less calories, more flavor and a euphoric punch of hell yes.
Fight Cancer: Bourbon contains a significant amount of ellagic acid, an antioxidant that has the ability to reduce the risk of certain carcinogens from forming. Scientists are still researching the effective amount of ellagic acid so in the meantime, feel free to conduct your own trials with a few bourbon neats every now and then.
Protecting Your Heart: We’ve all heard about the heart healthy benefits of wine and dark beer. But bourbon is also a heart healthy alcohol. With all its antioxidant power and its ability to prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries; bourbon could help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Battle Common Medical Issues: Researchers have found that people who consume one to two alcoholic drinks (i.e. bourbon) daily could reduce the risk of developing common medical ailments such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, diabetes, blood clots, the common cold and reduce stress.
It seems bourbon’s potential to help prevent illness and disease could help you live a longer, healthier life. *2-3 oz of StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey a day isn’t enough to get you drunk and added to a healthy lifestyle, it is enough to reap these potentially healthy benefits. Now, we aren’t saying bourbon is a fix-all for what ails you. But there does seem to be some rather compelling evidence it might help. Plus it tastes so damn good. As with everything in life, never overindulge – like we always say “Enjoy Responsibly. Enjoy Often.” We also suggest you consult your doctor for more information about your own personal health.
If one of your New Year resolutions was to lose weight or live healthier. StillWrights may just have a delicious addition to your healthy lifestyle. So eat right, exercise, then kick back and enjoy a StillWrights Straight Bourbon Whiskey neat. Here’s to your health!
Enjoy some of the best restaurants the Miami Valley has to offer at the MVRA Sneak Peek to Winter Restaurant presented by Buckey Vodka. Get tickets for this January 20th event featuring food from area establishments, live music and drinks including a cocktail made with our soon to be world famous StillWrights Spiced Rum. We are very excited to be showcased at this event.